[mythtv-users] [OT, again] digital TV antennae (was Re: OT: Digital signal bands - Was: Horrible Audio Problems on Video Glitch)

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Dec 21 01:11:54 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Uh, yeah.  Show me that paragraph on the box of a "digital TV
> antenna."
>
> I'm complaining about the fact that the consumer /must/ do this type
> of
> research to find out that a "digital TV antenna" is not a better
> product.

I would agree, but this misleading use of the word "digital" has been
going on for a long time.  I remember seeing "digital" speakers,
headphones, and even interconnect cables when CD players first came out.

I kind of lost the argument here about whether it was unreasonable for
consumers to know the difference between gigabytes and gibibytes, so I
guess I can't argue that consumers shouldn't know that "digital"
doesn't mean anything by now.