[mythtv-users] Remote Control Problem

KH Chai khchai at ceedtec.com
Fri Dec 21 07:50:29 UTC 2007

All,

The problem of can't getting the remote control to work has been bugging me
for a few weeks now.  It worked once, then I do an updates, causing it to
stop working.  I reinstalled Mythdora at least half a dozen times, but still
can't get the remote control to work.  I followed the installation guide
from mythtv.org for my Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-500.  Everything seems to be
installed ok, but it doesn't response to the remote control input using
"irw" command.  These are the commands I know for checking, and they all
says the remote control is running fine, BUT it never works!!!  Any help
would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thank you.

[root at localhost mythtv]# service lircd status
lircd (pid 2867) is running...

[root at localhost mythtv]# dmesg | grep lirc
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61

[root at localhost Desktop]# ps -e|grep lirc
 2867 ?        00:00:00 lircd

[root at localhost mythtv]# sudo lircd -n -d /dev/lirc0
lircd: there seems to be already be a lircd process with pid 2867
lircd: otherwise delete stale lockfile /var/run/lircd.pid

[root at localhost Desktop]# service lircd restart
Stopping infrared remote control daemon:                   [  OK  ]
Starting infrared remote control daemon:                   [  OK  ]

[root at localhost Desktop]# irw

*** REALLY HOPE IT RESPONSES WHEN I PRESS MY REMOTE CONTROL HERE ***

Regards,
KH