[mythtv-users] OT - VGA -> USB - NOT - USB -> VGA

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Dec 21 11:54:28 UTC 2007

On 20 Dec 2007, at 22:53, Trey Thompson wrote:
> We've gone the route that someone suggested, using a VGA adapter and a
> USB capture device, I've got some items on order for that.
>
> We've got about 100 customers that we service in different locations,
> so things like KVMs with web access, etc... are not going to be a good
> solution because they are customer specific.

I mentioned these because I didn't realise how well products like the
Epiphan frame-grabbers would work for you.

You said that the engineer was on the same site as the server-with-no-
monitor so - although too much of my post was spent indulging myself
& drooling over the multi-port models - he could easily carry
something like this <http://www.kvmswitchdirect.co.uk/
Raritan_Dominion_KX_101.htm> and connect to his laptop with an
ethernet cable in order to see the monitor laptop.

My general preference for ethernet over USB inclines me towards this
kind of unit, but I'm a little better rested this morning & I don't
see any problem with (for example) the Epiphan products.

Stroller.