[mythtv-users] Issues with new MythDora 4.0 install on new Pundit P1-AH2 box

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:08:43 UTC 2007

Hi,
   I have the very same barebone since a year ago. I'll try to help you as
much as I can, although keep in mind that I'm using Sabayon (Gentoo-like)
instead of Fedora, so for sure there will be differences.

I also have my TV (standard PAL TV) connected through S-VIDEO, no monitor.

Now the question is how to configure an nVidia 6150 based motherboard
> video interface to work on TV-out over S-Video without a monitor
> connected -- I'll probably have to ssh in to try different settings or
> find a
> suitable xorg.conf example.

These are the relevant sections of mine:

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "Generic Monitor"
    # Option      "DPMS"

    VertRefresh 43 - 60
    HorizSync   28 - 80

    # DisplaySize 160 90
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "VESA"
    Driver      "nvidia" # do not remove vesa
    #Option "RenderAccel" "on"
    Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
    #Option "BusType" "PCI"
    #Option "ColorTiling" "on"
    #Option "EnablePageFlip" "on"
    Option  "UseEvents"    "True"
    Option  "NvAGP"     "1"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
# The Identifier, Device and Monitor lines must be present

    Identifier  "Screen 1"
    Device      "VESA"
    Monitor     "Generic Monitor"
    Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"

# The favoured Depth and/or Bpp may be specified here

    DefaultDepth 24

    Option "TVStandard"         "PAL-B"
    Option "TVOutFormat"        "SVIDEO"
EndSection

I'm not in front of it, so I can check the BIOS options (I'm not sure, but
perhaps I set there also something related to the TV output settings, maybe
the exact PAL standard to use).

Regarding the sound issue, I'd need to check it at home. Once there, I'll
post here the exact combination of "default", "ALSA:default" and similar
that I have to make it work. I have no problems controlling the volume
through MythTV (warning: I'm using analog audio, not SPDIF).

Regards,
  Eduard Huguet