[mythtv-users] Issues with new MythDora 4.0 install on new Pundit P1-AH2 box

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 15:33:54 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 7:08 AM, Eduard Huguet <eduardhc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have the very same barebone since a year ago. I'll try to help you as
> much as I can, although keep in mind that I'm using Sabayon (Gentoo-like)
> instead of Fedora, so for sure there will be differences.

<snip>

> Regarding the sound issue, I'd need to check it at home. Once there, I'll
> post here the exact combination of "default", "ALSA:default" and similar
> that I have to make it work. I have no problems controlling the volume
> through MythTV (warning: I'm using analog audio, not SPDIF).

Eduard,

Thank you for the information.  Although I will be using NTSC rather than
PAL, I think I can figure out the differences.

As for the audio problems, I've been trying some things without much luck
so far.  It seems to be correctly recognizing the built in audio, but somewhere
along the way the configuration is going astray.  The master control only
supports muting -- no volume changes, and the pcm control supports volume
changes (which don't seem to do anything to the audio) but not support
muting.

I have already updated to the latest BIOS version (IIRC, v0404).  I'm starting
to suspect something nasty like the dsdt data being bad.  It would be
informative
to learn what controls you see if you run alsamixer on your working system to
compare with those on my "problem child".

I have a pair of headphones hooked up at the moment (for testing/setup) with no
plans to use anything fancier in the forseeable future than stereo
speakers, so I
won't need to worry about SPDIF, 5.1 audio, etc.  I just want to get stereo to
work properly.  Since I don't seem to be able to control it properly with
alsamixer, there's no reason to expect MythDora to do better.

I look forward to hearing what additional data you can provide later.

Thanks once again.

Craig.