[mythtv-users] Slight Pauses in Playback/Live TV

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 19:18:10 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 12:57 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Or even to a non-recording hard drive (spindle) in the system.  Make
> sure the drive with your MySQL database (and, likely your root
> filesystem) is not used for any recordings.  And, don't have any
> RAID/LVM volumes used for recordings using any partitions on the disk
> with the MySQL database.  You can then move some recordings off of your
> main recording directory after recording for archival (using, i.e.,
> myth_archive_job.pl), and when 0.21 is released, you'll be able to
> create a directory used for playback but not used for recording with
> Storage Groups.

That's good to know.  I guess I hadn't noticed it before, but I always
thought the "put MySQL on a separate drive" advice applied to Myth
playback as well.  So if commflagging or a recording starts up and the
(previous) recording you're watching lives on the same drive as the
database, that's still OK?  It's really only a problem for in progress
recordings?

Thanks for any clarification, this is one of those things that has
lived on my TODO list the longest.  My original goal in building the
HTPC was one quiet drive, so adding a disk changes that all up.
Putting it on a separate machine makes it dependent on that machine.
Decision, decisions... :-)