[mythtv-users] Slight Pauses in Playback/Live TV

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 20:01:00 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 1:32 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Yep.  Then again, you can use my approach--don't put the Myth backend
> /or/ frontend in the same room as the TV.  My frontend is in the world's
> ugliest case and is extremely loud, but I can't hear it from the room
> with my TV.  Or, even if you put an extra disk in the backend and put it
> in a different room, and then make a small, quiet frontend (or use your
> existing box as the small, quiet frontend), you don't have any
> dependency issues--except while actually watching TV.

Certainly a worthwhile option, and I kinda wish I had started down
that path back in the beginning.  At my new house though, I'm looking
at at least a 50' run to deliver video/sound (livingroom is mostly
exterior walls).  Doable I'm sure, just haven't explored that yet.  As
for just splitting the backend out to my office, now that's even more
doable.

But the case I'm using does have space (CoolerMaster ATC620).  Come to
think of it, I think I have a 120GB drive I can repurpose.  Good thing
we have a 4 day weekend coming up ;)

Thanks,
Willy