[mythtv-users] Status of Flash player in MythWeb

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:48:12 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 9:23 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Since most of my recordings are in 16:9 ratio, I manually hacked it in:
> /mythweb/modules/stream/handler.pl lines 135 and 144 to get it playing back
> 16:9.  I have the reverse problem now of course with 4:3 recordings -but
> that's less of a problem for me.

> Does anyone know how to change the quality?  I think my internet
> connection could stream a better video.

In the ffmpeg line (144) ffmpeg -y -i $filename -s 320x240 -r 24 -f flv -ac
2 -ar 11025 -ab 64k -b 256k /dev/stdout

you should be able to tweak the quality settings - e.g. increasing the size
from 320x240 and upping the bitrate of the video (the -r option)

I use for higher quality : ffmpeg -y -i $filename -s 480x320 -r 25 -f flv
-ac 2 -ar 11025 -aspect ratio 16:9 -ab 128k -b 400k /dev/stdout

There's a whole list here: http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-doc.html

> 2.  can fastforward (wouldnt be nessesary if 1 existed)

I find if you increase the buffer size in flash player, you can use the
flash controls to go forward (only by as much as in the buffer)