[mythtv-users] MythTV Default player skips a few seconds ahead

Nick Cappelletti nick at switchtower.org
Sat Dec 22 17:04:37 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've been using MythTV for about 4 years now, and have absolutely
loved it.  My Myth box has been running Debian ever since the
beginning, and I have always used the debian-multimedia.org
repositories.

What I have been doing lately is downloading Vidcasts onto Myth and
then manually adding them to the database using the
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl script.  It works great except for the fact
that the default player will cut off the first 5 - 10 seconds of the
video, but still show the video as starting from time stamp of 0
seconds on the progress bar.  I can then 'rewind' the video and start
it from the absolute beginning of the video with the progress bar
still showing me 0 seconds at the beginning.

I've also tested this with Mythvideo.  I usually just use MPlayer as
my default player for both DVD's and videos, but I wanted to see if
this was a problem with just playing recorded shows, but concluded
that it wasn't.

I've searched the MythTV wiki and did some googling to no avail.  If
anyone has a solution to my problem or is having the same issues,
please let me know.

I'm sure I'll get a response that will fix my issue, and then feel
like a complete idiot. :)

Thanks!

Nick