[mythtv-users] Program channels

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 20:37:06 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 10:03 PM, Michael Tiller <michael.tiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got an HDHomerun and I have an odd problem.  If I do channel
> scan, MythTV finds only the channels with call signs.  The problem is
> that HD Theater is unencrypted but doesn't include a callsign (or some
> other key).  I figured this would be no problem since I know the
> channel and program number.  But, when I try to add a new channel it
> asks me for the channel, but not the program (in case Ikve got the
> terms mixed up, this is something like 63.2 where I can easily enter
> the '63' but there seems to be nowhere to enter the '.2').  Any
> pointers on how to edit this.  The screens I've been using are all in
> mythtv-setup.

you probably need to edit the database manually.  in the channel table
the serviceid field is equivalent to the program.  to tune the channel
you will probably have to edit the dtv_multiplex table to make sure
your frequencies line up or at least make sure that the channel you
are setting up is using the correct mplexid.

this entry on the wiki may prove useful in explaining how myth tunes
hd channels:  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Dtv_multiplex_table

hope that helps,

per hatlevik