[mythtv-users] Status of Flash player in MythWeb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Dec 22 20:46:48 UTC 2007

Sean Goodpasture wrote:
> hmm.. My work just made me learn both flash and flex (normally a
> .net/js/html/sql type)...
>
> Might be something I could help with.  What would be the best way to
> get involved?  (especially since the flash player was something I was
> hoping for in .21)

There is a ticket at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac, and the flex code for
the player should be under "mythextras" in svn trunk.

Unfortunately, I doubt that the necessary changes for mythbackend will
make it in before .21 comes out.  It's been suggested that we might make
a "mythffmpeg" (since pretty much all of that code is already part of
MythTV) as a stopgap solution (since ffmpeg folks seem to enjoy changing
their commandline option names way too often), and that might be enough
to convince me to release it with .21 (assuming the player gets a little
more cleanup).  I need to talk to the other devs about that, though.

-Chris