[mythtv-users] Best way to Send Video via DVI

Nathan A. Smith nasa01 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 24 14:22:52 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 20:07 -0600, George Mari wrote:
> Nathan A. Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to tweek my mythbox to get 2 problems solved....
> >
> [deleted]
>

> > 2. While all the tv shows (both HD & SD) display pretty close to correct
> > -- I can't get any other screen to fill my Mitushbishi TV fully.  This
> > is partially the TV's fault, to see the problem see this pdf file (page
> > 78).
> >
> > http://download.jazel.net/misc/filecache/0b/0b6d644186a1fc48fe0f8d84d3ad4b36_V33(631-731)%20OG.pdf
> >
> > Does anyone know how to over come that?
> >
> [deleted]
>
> You may want to try a DVI-to-HDMI adapter if you do not get satisfactory
> results with your DVI input.  I don't have your model TV, but I do have
> a Mitsubishi LCD panel, and says the same thing in my manual as in yours
> - don't connect a computer to the HDMI input.  I tried it anyway, for a
> while, and it worked just fine - TV did not blow up, etc.  It did
> overscan the image a bit, so the edges of the MythTV menus were off the
> screen on all 4 sides, but it was certainly usable.  This may fill the
> screen in your case, with your particular TV.
>
> I switched it back to DVI after a few days, though, as the HDMI input
> did not produce improved interlaced output as I was hoping.
Hmmm...

So If I read you correctly, there isn't a really good way to get a
picture that fits right for both TV & Computer images?  I see you ended
up with DVI - why did you switch back if both were of equal image
quality?  Just trying to figure out if it's a good bet to go and buy a
new connector.

Nasa