[mythtv-users] Shaw Cable Begins Blocking IEEE 1394 (Firewire) Output from STBs

Martin Lynch martin.lynch at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 25 13:43:56 UTC 2007

Shaw cable here in Canada (specifically Vancouver) on Friday began
implementing the Copy Control Information (CCI) flag on several digital
channels, notably a number of HD channels, rendering my IEEE 1394
(firewire) connection useless on these channels. Below is some
correspondence I've had with Shaw (note the CRTC is the Canadian
equivalent to the FCC).

Any Myth users in Canada successfully convince their providers to drop
the CCI flag? Has anyone else had this issue recently? If so, has the
CRTC been approached? Were they helpful in any way?

Will keep the list posted of any developments.

Cheers,

Martin