[mythtv-users] MythTV - help please!

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Dec 26 00:51:51 UTC 2007

Steve Cooke wrote:

> I give up. I'd really like to get this working, but I cannot see how it
> is possible. It simply does not want to work on linux. I don't know
> where else to turn to - so, in the same way as we RTFM when all else
> fails, I now admit defeat by turning to the MythTV users list...

I guess the secret is out: MythTV is in fact a myth. Nobody here has
ever actually got a system to work, and we have all been just making up
our questions and answers for many years :-)

The list is not a place to turn after admitting defeat, it is a place to
get continuing advice while setting your systems.

Given your situation I would agree with the other posters and suggest
that, at least for your first system, you consider going with a
pre-built system like KnoppMyth, Mythdora or Mythbuntu. Generally you
can get a working system up in less than an hour, assuming you are using
known-to-work hardware.

beww