[mythtv-users] Pinnicale PCTV HD pci card

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 00:11:03 UTC 2007

2007/12/27, Muppet Man <muppetman4662 at yahoo.com>:

> Wow!!  Thanks for the response!  You are correct about the card, I am going
> to guess that is
> Pinnacle PCTV HD Card (800i)
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_HD_Card_%28800i%29
>
> So, with this information, is there any way I can get myth tv to work with
> this card?
> Thanks again

as wiki says:
"The chips used by this card are mostly supported by the linux V4L and
DVB drivers with the exception of the XC5000 which is being
developed."

I am not using ubuntu, but there are probably some packages with
modules for this card.

but I would download
http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/archive/tip.tar.bz2 (latest
repository checkout) and compile it: unpack the file, cd in the
unpacked folder, run make menuconfig, select corresponding modules or
all modules, exit the menu, run make && make install and reboot.