[mythtv-users] Grouping in MythVideo?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 02:03:20 UTC 2007

I would really like to be able to group on metadata fields in
MythVideo instead of having to put everything in multiple folders in
the file system.

I have done a search in the ticket system and ticket 3008 contains a
patch to do this but was rejected.
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3008

Just wanted to post to say I would really like this functionality to
be considered even if its not fully complete?  Surely we can list a
few areas in MythTV where it would be great to have a few more filter
options but this functionality is not removed because of it.  Great
things are not built in a day :)

Someone has taken the time to create a not insignificant patch it is
not 100% complete but its close and when people start using the
functionality there is a chance of other people being able to improve
on it then instead of being left in obscurity in the ticketing system.

I would love to have the knowledge to do something with it but I just
don't.  I just wanted to see if anyone else would like to see a
reprieve for this functionality to be considered to go into the trunk
release so people can give feedback on it soon and at least let the
original/updater to the patch know people are interested.

Anyway I have pleaded my case and who knows the original or the person
who submitted an update to it is listening and someone is already on
the case.

Thanks