[mythtv-users] mythtv upnp media server -- media not listed, appears as "root device", does not appear as "media server"

Chris Mcnally expectspam2 at pobox.com
Thu Dec 27 20:36:57 UTC 2007

Lachlan McIntosh wrote:

> Hi
>
> Am trying to get the uPnp media server working, as far as I can tell
> it should just “work” (i.e. no settings to change etc)
>
> However no matter what I’ve tried I cannot get a list of any media
> from a upnp client.
>
> Cidero shows that it is sending queryies to the myth box and is
> getting some response. (Server: Linux 2.6.22-rc2dir, UPnP/1.0, MythTv
> 0.21.20071211-1)
>
> The myth backend is only logging
>
> UPnpCMGR::ProcessRequest - Method (GetServDesc)
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lachlan

I wanted to see if I could replicate this problem, so I installed the
Cidero package and executed

./MediaController.sh

it found the myth box and I clicked on the myth box icon. It then showed
"recordings" "Music" and "Videos". Sounds like you did not get that far.

I wonder if you are missing the "renderer" which is the "play client" to
control? Have you set up the MythTV backend with a real ip or is it
running at 127.0.0.1? that has caused a problem with me in the past.

Here is a snipet from my log running MediaController.sh (appeared in my
console window when I ran the script)

Dec 27, 2007 8:29:42 PM com.cidero.control.MediaController deviceAdded
INFO: Adding device - Type: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1
Name: mymythtv: MythTV AV Media Server Location:
http://192.168.1.123:6544/getDeviceDesc
Dec 27, 2007 8:30:12 PM
com.cidero.control.VideoItemPanel$AddSelectedActionListener actionPerformed
WARNING: No active media renderers (select one to bring up window)