[mythtv-users] Couchville.com

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 22:43:38 UTC 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 2:38 PM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:

> A quick read of the couchville.com ToS didn't reveal any prohibitions
> on screen scraping, although it's possible I missed it.  Legal
> documents tend to make my eyes glaze over by the halfway point.  So it
> might actually be legal to do so for personal use.  I'm too lazy to
> put any effort into such a project myself, though.

This probably would cover what mfdb does, if snapstream did not want
folks doing that (specifically ii and potentially v) [DISCLAIMER: I am
not an attorney representing snapstream or anyone on this list, and
this certainly is not legal advice and should not be construed as
such, blah blah blah]:
4.       Use Restrictions. You agree that you shall only use the
SnapStream Service in a manner that complies with all applicable laws,
including without limitation those concerning copyrights and/or other
intellectual property rights. Except as specifically authorized
herein, you may not (i) permit other individuals to use the SnapStream
Service; (ii) modify, translate, distribute, or create derivative
works of the SnapStream Service; (iii) copy or redistribute the
SnapStream Service; (iv) rent, lease, transfer, or otherwise transfer
rights to the SnapStream Service; (v) remove any proprietary notices
or labels with respect to the SnapStream Service; or (vi) add to,
alter, delete from, or otherwise modify the SnapStream Service.