[mythtv-users] USB Pay Card reader

Jelte Veldstra jelte.veldstra at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 07:43:54 UTC 2007

What stability issues did you experience? Last week I built a test setup
where I had a Phoenix smartcard reader and NewCS to serve the keys. Sasc-ng
acts as a softcam that talks with the NewCS server and creates a virtual DVB
adapter besides the physical one. Myth uses the virtual adapter for scanning
and tuning. This setup worked really well for my Canal Digitaal (Dutch
satellite) subscription. Being a test setup built last week I can't vouch
for it's stability yet, but I'm now working out how to convert my current
"production" environment to this one. From what you describe it sounds
similar to what you have tried and experienced stability issues. Is it
similar indeed? Any things I need to double check before going ahead based
on your experiences?

Jelte