[mythtv-users] OT: Denon AV Receiver Serial Port Protocol

Damien Dusha d.dusha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 02:37:08 UTC 2007

Hello all,

This is somwhat off-topic, but many Denon recievers/amplifiers have an
RS-232 port for external control, such as the AVR-2308
(http://www.denon.co.uk/site/unten.php?main=prod&ver=&MID=3&sub=1&fill=1&action=detail&Pid=338&)
that I am eyeing off.  I figured this was the place to ask about open
source  + home theatre :)

This (I think) is the documented protocol, or at least that of that of
another reciever:
http://usa.denon.com/AVR-5805SerialProtocol_Ver4_37a.pdf

Is there any open source implementation of these protocols?  I had a
quick poke around on google without too much luck, but I am happy to
have a poke around, unless someone has some better information.

Cheers
Damien.