[mythtv-users] Does anyone know how to use MythWelcome With Mythbuntu Trunk?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 18:30:57 UTC 2007

> This would be a modification of the ".desktop" file if you select it from the
> menu.  Just do the same thing in adding the --service to the .desktop file.

Adding --service to this file gets mythwelcome starting up at boot.
sudo nano /home/username/.config/autostart/mythtv.desktop

I can't seem to update the entry in Applications - Multimedia however.
 I thought it would be sudo nano
/usr/share/applications/mythtv.desktop but this already has a
--service but when I select the menu it loads frontend and not welcome
so it must not be this file.

Can anyone point me to where I am going wrong.  I think I just do not
know where (or what) I should be looking at to edit an existing menu
item in Applications - Multimedia.

TIA