[mythtv-users] My First MythTV Box

lists at benzo8.org lists at benzo8.org
Sun Dec 30 19:54:07 UTC 2007

> On Dec 30, 2007 1:01 AM, John Sullivan <lists at benzo8.org> wrote:

>> RAM             2 x DIMM 1 Gb DDR2 800 MHZ KINGSTON HYPER-X
>> HD 1            HDD 80 Gb 7200 RPM SATA II
>> HD 2            HDD 250 Gb 7200 RPM SATA II

> I dont know much about DVB but if  I was you i would save some money on
> RAM.  1 Gig is plenty.  I would go with 2 512mb sticks to get dual
> channel.
> With the extra money I would get some more storage!  Are you buying a
> 80Gig
> HDD?  Or is that a left over that you have?  500GB are only $100 USD  I
> would get atleast one.

Thanks for the advice - I'll shift some funds from memory to HDD - upgrade
the 250GB to a 500GB... I'll be buying all the drives new, but I was
thinking that the 80GB is just a systems/DB disc and so doesn't need large
amounts of space - am I mistaken?

> Motherboard choices is good i use the same one.
> Processor is good.

That's good to hear!

> What are u going to use for a remote?  Just the keyboard?

The Logitech pack comes with a remote which I believe merely reproduces
certain keypresses, so that should be fine I think.

Thanks again!

John...