[mythtv-users] atrpms update breaks fedora 8 add/remove

Markus Espenhain markus at espenhain.org
Mon Dec 31 01:19:04 UTC 2007

Hello Eugene,

Eugene Regad wrote:
> directfb-1.0.0-3.fc8
> flac-1.2.1-1.fc8
> fuse-2.7.0-8.fc8
> ipw2200-firmware-3.0.9
> libraw1394-1.3.0-3.fc8
> lirc-0.8.2-2.fc8
> lm_sensors-2.10.5-1.fc8
> lzo-2.02-3.fc8
> mutt-1.5.17-2.fc8
> pm-utils-0.99.4-6.fc8
>
> After I updated, the Fedora 8 add/remove program was broken.  A bug
> report was created,
> indicating pirut was malfunctioning.   I didn't send it, since it didn't
> seem reasonable.
>
> After a bare-metal re-installation and update of Fedora 8, I
> re-installed mythtv and got exactly the same result (Again!).  On the
> third bare metal install, I removed the atrpms repo entry from
> yum.repos.d.   The 'Update prompt ' promptly went away.  I have not
> investigated further; mythtv is working well enough for now.

the discribed problem is bacause that in atrpms some rpm-packets of the
fedore-core repository are with a higher version number replaced.
In some circumstances some problems could occur with other rpms and
their dependency.

Because of that I have atrpms disabled and enable it explicit with the
command 'yum --enablerepo=atrpms install/update <packet>'

Greets

Markus