[mythtv-users] Mythtv on CentOS5 with PVR-350?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Dec 31 02:40:51 UTC 2007

mythtv at corwyn.net writes:

> CentOS5, kernel 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5

> However, whenever I start mythfrontend and select "Watch TV" the box
> locks up. I lose video, ssh sessions, and the box no longer pings.

Your kernel is crashing.

Make sure that you've updated to the latest kernel. For Fedora 8, the latest
kernel is 2.6.23.9. Make sure you've installed the latest ivtv and the
latest xf86-video-ivtv driver.

After updating to the latest and greatest, my box is definitely more stable.
I still get a kernel crash, every once in a while, but it's much better now.