[mythtv-users] Unable to view Five US & Five Life on Freeview

GR myth at nmysbh.org.uk
Mon Dec 31 11:57:16 UTC 2007

I'm running Myth 0.20.2 on a SuSE 10.3 box, with NOVA-T PCI DVB-T cards.

I've noticed that I can no longer view Five US or Five Life channels. If
I try and select them, I usually get a message telling me that a lock
could not be established. Often, after about 15 seconds, I get the audio
coming through fine, but I just get garbage for the picture.

On my domestic Freeview box, I had a similar problem, and that was
solved by getting it to rescan for all channels.

I tried this with Myth, but this did not improve things. Slightly
stabbing in the dark, I tried removing the two channels from the
channels table ("delete from channel where channum=35;") and then
re-scanning again. Myth re-found the channels, but with the same results.

I'm in North Wales, using the Llanddona transmitter.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

GR