[mythtv-users] favorite channels

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 22:30:08 UTC 2007

A question about favorite channels:  in the program guide settings, there is
an option to display only "favorite channels".  The myth keybindings
indicate "?" is used to toggle favorite channel status.

This seems a good way to set up a mask to keep a front end that is incapable
of viewing HD channels (i.e. an xbox) from choking during live tv browsing.
But the "?" does not seem to do anything during live tv, and I could not
find a "favorite" entry in the channel db.  There is a table called
"favorites" in the db, but it is not clear how to populate it (I'm viewing
the db in phpmyadmin).  Does anyone know how to create a list of "favorite"
channels?