[mythtv-users] Column 'recdir' cannot be null

Darren fender_bender at aandr.com.au
Thu Feb 1 12:19:55 UTC 2007

Going to need some more info, something like
Which distro are you using? what is the tv card? are you on a LAN? Did
mythtv-setup run ok? What does mythbackend log say? Does your tv card work
using another player?

> Whilst looking at the cx88 problem (I've now spotted a log entry which
> says the device is busy, which might have something to do with it), I
> decided to upgrade to the latest svn. I now have a problem whereby I
> can't view live tv - mythfrontend immediately returns to the main
> menu.

Usually when a device is busy another application is using the hardware. If
you have kdetv or mplayer or something else using the tv card then you will
need kill it to free up the tv card. You can also start mythbackend from the
console with ( -v all ) to show ALL available debug output.

> The tail of the backend log says:
>
> 2007-01-31 21:01:50.363 DB Error (SetInUse):
> Query was:
> INSERT INTO inuseprograms  (chanid, starttime, recusage, hostname,
> lastupdatetime,  rechost, recdir )  VALUES  ('1001',
> '2007-01-31T21:02:39', 'recorder', 'linux', '2007-01-31T21:01:50',
> 'linux', NULL);
> Driver error was [2/1048]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Column 'recdir' cannot be null

Your database may now be corrupt unless you know how to allow nulls and then
to reconfig a table is just asking for trouble. I don't have these 2 fields
(recdir, rechost) in my inuseprograms table.
 mythbackend ver 0.20.20060828-3