[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend and 480i modes

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 1 15:31:01 UTC 2007

   My next experiment to record a digital 480i signal and see how
>> that plays back as opposed to the pvr250 480i recording.

I was able to record a digital 480i signal last night, no joy.  The
results were the same.  It seems almost as if the picture is being
de-interlaced and them played back on an screen or being de-interlaced
twice.  De-interlacing is disabled.  I played back some non-interlaced
content using mplayer and got the same visual artifacts.  I also played
back the 480i digital recordings and from the pvr250.  They all played
the same.  Like I said the gui looks perfect, no artifacts nice and
crisp.  Just can't seem to play video in that mode.  Has anyone had any
luck playing back 480i content in a 480i mode via DVI?  I have taken a
picure of what the artifacts look like, didn't attach because I'm sure
it would violate some rule of posting.  If anyone is interested I can
email the picture.

> I find it odd that its returning 720x240 for a ModePool 720x480 mode.
> You say the menu works properly, so try playing with the playback
> aspect ratio in Myth("w" key). Also look to see what your DisplaySize
> settings in your xorg.conf are

It's not, it was just one of the modes being returned.  I double checked.

Thanks.