[mythtv-users] cx88_dvb gets into a funky mood (100% signal, no lock)

Tony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 16:13:58 UTC 2007

On 1/31/07, Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:

> I've been playing with an old pchdtv-3000 card in a new ubuntu system
> running 2.6.17-10-generic kernel.   It works fine, but sometimes -- no
> pattern yet as to when, the card will get into a state where myth and
> azap show it as reporting 100% signal strength (instead of the normal
> strengths in the range from 20 to 90) but no lock except the "1", and
> no function.

I have this happen occasionally.  Maybe once a month.  Any recordings that
Myth tries to make while the card is in that state end up with 0 size.

> To fix it, I have to unload the cx88_dvb module with modprobe -r and re
> load it,
> and all is working again.

Yep.  It's happened with Myth 0.19 and 0.20-fixes on a FC4 machine, kernel
2.6.15.  I get pretty crummy reception on one or two channels, so I just
thought the driver or card is getting wedged from the poor reception.

-- Tony  brummett at gmail.com