[mythtv-users] what's the current favorite mini-{i, a}tx for hdtv out (vga or DVI)

Brian Schott bschott at east.isi.edu
Fri Feb 2 22:50:58 UTC 2007

I've been *really* happy with my Mac mini as a front end.  I believe
even the low-end model now can handle HD content.  There is a pre-
built binary distribution under OSX (which I now auto-start at power-
up), or you can drop Ubuntu on it.  The little remote that comes with
the mini works pretty well.  Wakes the unit up from sleep and
everything. At first I thought it was a little pricey ($579), but
when I looked at building my own it was going to be more expensive to
hand build with the cool case, etc.

Brian