[mythtv-users] Changing cardid for tuners

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Feb 3 19:25:08 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 2/3/07, Bob O'Shaughnessy <oshaug at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This mostly a cosmetic issue, as everything seems to be working properly.
>>
>> I've got an 0.20-151 running on FC6 with a PVR-150 and a PVR-500.  After the
>> FC6 upgrade I removed and added the cards, and then had to do it again a few
>> times to play with prioritizing them.
>>
>> The result is that Myth lists the cards as encoder 15, 16, and 17, and that
>> has raised eyebrows from my wife, the main Mythweb user.
>>
>> Is there any way to set these back to 1, 2, and 3?  From what I've read, I'm
>> expecting that the solution will involve editing the database.
>>

> use "Delete All" and then add them new, this should restart the count at 1.

Actually, that won't help.  The field in the database is set to
auto_increment.  So, yes, you have to edit some entries in the database.

The only way around this is to update the entries in the "capturecard"
table and the corresponding entries in the "cardinput" table.  The
element you want to update is the "cardid" field in both tables.  It
does work, too.. I did this for one of my cards only because I was being
retentive about it. :)  ONLY make these changes with mythbacked stopped
(it is safest that way!).

Truly, though, the numbering is entirely semantic.  It doesn't impact
the functionality.

-Rich