[mythtv-users] Priorities?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Feb 3 20:36:36 UTC 2007

Jan Johansson wrote:
>> Right, because ivtv changed the input names,,,
>
> That would explain a few things, yes.
>

>> You need to "(Delete all capture cards)". Then re-add all
>> cards in the order that you would prefer. Depending on your
>> resources and signal quality, you may want to consider putting
>> 1 and 2 on opposite machines so it only doubles up when there
>> are three recordings at the same time. But whatever your
>> reasoning, enter them in the order of your default preference.
>> Way too much detail available at:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.6
>

> Thanks for a truly useful link! However, the input priorities field
> worked,

Take take a look at the "Input Priority" section again. It
behaves differently and will postpone recordings if you use
priority. Unless you are trying to avoid using one of the
inputs, I'd recommend that you 'delete all' and re-add your
cards in the proper order so that they will be in the correct
order of preference from now on.

--  bjm