[mythtv-users] Ubuntu and Nvidia drivers - not quite to the point of tears

Greg Kutzbach greg.kutzbach at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 03:03:53 UTC 2007

I run Fedora Core 6 and use GRUB as a bootloader.  At boottime I press
'e' to edit grub, then go to the default boot line, and remove the 'ahgb
quiet'.  That makes me boot into a shell.

If you that doesn't work for you, then in KDE or your windows manager,
log out.  Then press 'ctrl+alt+F1', that will take you to a console
session.  Then you can run your nvidia install. 'sh
<NVIDIA...whatever...>.  If it complains that the X server is still
running it will tell you what file to go delete and that will stop the X
server.  It's just like a temp file, so don't worry about deleting it.

Good luck.

Greg