[mythtv-users] mythtv hardware plans

Brian Schott bschott at east.isi.edu
Sun Feb 4 03:35:09 UTC 2007

Jason,

I have a pcHDTV 5500 and have to say it is still sitting on my
shelf.  Granted, I got it last year when the driver support was
bleeding edge SVN.  I went out and picked up a PVR-150 (figuring it
could be my live-tv backup tuner).  I did get it working on Fedora
after a lot of grief, but then I ran into the Comcast lack of
channels issue.  A warning, the analog channel does not have audio!
There is a cheezy audio out cable that you have to route into a sound
card jack.  All for the sake of a $2 ADC chip probably.  I ran into
problems with audio sync in my configuration.  Also, there is an IR
blaster connector, but the last time I checked the driver wasn't
supported.

Brian (Schott, not Wood)