[mythtv-users] Can't schedule recordings

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Feb 4 10:39:40 UTC 2007

Nick,

Thank you for responding.
> # mysql -u root mysql
> (enter password)
> mysql>select Host,User,Password from user;
> For all users called 'mythtv', do their password hashes match?
> Are there any mythtv users with missing passwords?
There are only two mythtv users, and it appears their passwords match.
(I've removed all non-mythtv users from the display below for clarity
and security)

mysql> select Host,User,Password from user;
+-----------------------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
| Host | User | Password |
+-----------------------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
| localhost | mythtv | *CC8F35F587CA5A556B4132C2407E556D92172FFC |
| % | mythtv | *CC8F35F587CA5A556B4132C2407E556D92172FFC |

Am I correct in guessing the fact that it says "Access denied for user
'mythtv'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" means that it is connecting
to the database, but then failing on username and password. I mean, it's
not that it's not finding the database or trying to connect to the wrong
server location or something?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft