[mythtv-users] Ubuntu and Nvidia drivers - not quite to the point of tears

Mark Chang mark.chang at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 17:50:51 UTC 2007

On 2/4/07, Rod Smith <mythtv at rodsbooks.com> wrote:
> [...]

As Rod says,
  /etc/init.d/gdm stop

will stop it NOW, but not through a reboot. GDM is the default for
most Ubuntu desktop installs. If you used Kubuntu or Xubuntu, it's
possibly different.

The easiest way to keep your graphical front end from starting up
again is to take away execute permissions from the /etc/init.d/gdm
file.

chmod a-x /etc/init.d/gdm

will do the trick.

--