[mythtv-users] MythMusic DecoderMad

brian turbo at talstar.com
Sun Feb 4 18:17:09 UTC 2007

Keith Millar wrote:

> brian wrote:
>> Keith Millar wrote:
>>> I have two Machines one running as a FE/BE running Gentoo  and mythtv
>>> version 0.20.20060828-3
>>>
>>> The other is a laptop FE only running Suse 10.0 and  mythtv version 0.20-10
>>>
>>> When trying to play music on my Suse FE I get the following error
>>>
>>> DecoderMAD: Failed to open input. Error 5
>>>
>>> Mythmusic plays fine on the FE/BE I also received this error with
>>> Knoppmyth R5E50 running as a FE.
>>>
>>> Everything else works on the Suse FE
>>>
>>> Any pointers to fix this would be appreciated.
>>    Does the Suse FE have read(/write) access to the directory containing
>> your music files?
>
> yes

   Okay.  The error message seems to indicate otherwise.

   Next question:  is the path to the music files, from the Suse FE's
vantage point, the same as it is on the Gentoo FE/BE ?   That is to say,
if the music is stored in '/var/music' on the FE/BE, is that directory
mounted as such (/var/music) on the Suse FE machine?  This path (path to
music files) is stored in the database, along with the actual filename
of the mp3 file in question.   When the FE tries to play an mp3 file,
the 'music directory' (/var/music/) and the filename (playthis.mp3) are
concatenated (/var/music/playthis.mp3), and then the file is opened.