[mythtv-users] PVR500 Composite In Picture Quality

Jeffrey Born jeff.born at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 18:48:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've got some home videos that I'm trying to archive off into mythtv, but
the input quality is just rotten.  I've been playing with different cables,
and even took the entire contraption over to the TV to verify it wasn't on
the video tape or video out/cables I'm using.

So now I know I have a good tape, good cables, and good connections on the
cables to the video camera.  But when I attempt to capture via the composite
in on the PVR500 the picture.  The best way to explain it is I see frames or
the picture flutters, gets out of sync.

A large portion of the recording does not have those artifacts, but ever
minute to 5 minutes I get these artifacts and it is quite annoying.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?