[mythtv-users] Remote with keyboard emulator

Patrick Mansfield patman at aracnet.com
Sun Feb 4 18:50:58 UTC 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 11:00:28PM -0500, Robin Smith wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a remote available that works by simply
> emulating keyboard commands. While I think this would be good for
> MythTV, I am looking for it for another application (in Window$) where
> I want o be able to program any key on the remote to emulate a
> keyboard key.
>
> In other words, a keyboard in the form factor of a TV-style remote control.

Not sure what you mean by "emulating keyboard commands" but the firefly
mini is a remote control that shows up as a keyboard / mouse.

If I hit the "5" key an ASCII five is received (in xterm window).

Not all keys are working under linux (like the channel up/down and a
couple other keys - a kernel and AFAUI X issues), but they must work OK
under windowz.

This:

	http://www.snapstream.com/products/fireflymini/

-- Patrick Mansfield