[mythtv-users] Surround Sound AS3/DTS out SPDIF

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 21:45:57 UTC 2007

On 2/4/07, Josh <TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com> wrote:
> As anyone that's been reading the list recently knows, I have a
> Revolution 7.1 that I can get everything to work with except for AC3 or
> DTS pass through... it just doesn't work for me on Fedora Core 6 (or
> Fedora Core 5). I have all but given up on this card and want to buy one
> that I know will work.
>
> Can people that have AC3 and/or DTS pass through working over S/PDIF
> (Coax or Optical) please let me know what distro and sound card your using?

A quick look up at the ALSA supported cards page shows that the card
is fully supported. It also looks like its powered by an envy24HT,
which I know is fully supported.

so you may want to make sure your running the latest ALSA and check
the link below, a couple people state they have the digital out
working, so it may be of help...

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Midiman%2FMAudio&card=Revolution+7.1.&chip=ICE1724+%28Envy24HT%29&module=ice1724

--
Steve