[mythtv-users] How to prevent learning remote from repeating signal?

Henry S. Greenside hsg at phy.duke.edu
Sun Feb 4 22:48:52 UTC 2007

I purchased an inexpensive Sejin wireless IR keyboard
(from pacificgeek.com) that plugs into the PS/2 port,
and taught a Sony RM-VL600 remote to send the basic
commands so didn't have to bother with LIRC. I am
running MythTV 0.20-15 on a Fedora Core 6 system with
KDE.

All of the remote commands work well except when the
remote transmits the "Escape" key (mapped to the Exit
button on the remote), the remote then evidently
transmits several repetitions of Escape and so mythtv
then jumps up to the highest menu level, asking if you
want to exit or not from the frontend. Not fatal but a
nuisance.

Would anyone know how to tell FC6/KDE to ignore rapid
repetitions of some character?

    Thanks,

    Henry