[mythtv-users] It works!

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Mon Feb 5 22:50:53 UTC 2007

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out over the past couple of weeks.
I now have a working MythBox!

Lots needs doing on it, but I can watch and record TV, so it's not doing
too bad at the moment.

It seems that I can only do all of this if I log in as 'mythtv' at log
in time, but I think that may be a qeculiarity of all of the Ubuntu
guides. I'm failry sure I haven't missed anything, but mythfrontend wont
work if I run it as my own user.

Anyway, I'm sure there'll be more questions to come. Hopefully even a
few answers from me. But for now, I'm going to enjoy the success of the
thing working!

Cheers
Damian