[mythtv-users] Surround Sound AS3/DTS out SPDIF

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Mon Feb 5 23:08:01 UTC 2007

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Josh wrote:
>
>> As anyone that's been reading the list recently knows, I have a
>> Revolution 7.1 that I can get everything to work with except for AC3 or
>> DTS pass through... it just doesn't work for me on Fedora Core 6 (or
>> Fedora Core 5). I have all but given up on this card and want to buy one
>> that I know will work.
>>
>> Can people that have AC3 and/or DTS pass through working over S/PDIF
>> (Coax or Optical) please let me know what distro and sound card your using?
>>

> Get a Turtle Beach Riviera.  Works out of the box with Fedora.  No
> .asoundrc.  Just enable the IEC958 in alsa-mixer, set Myth to
> passthrough and ALSA:default and go.
>
> Kevin

See... That's the first card that I bought and when I brought it home
and plugged it up, it worked for about 30 minutes, then it stopped for
no apparent reason (but apparently there WAS a reason it stopped and I
couldn't figure out what it was). I have an idea... I'm going to remove
(backup) my configs, shutdown my front end, swap out the cards and try
this simple solution you suggest... I'll post back shortly with the results.

--
Josh