[mythtv-users] Diskless frontend & debian

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Feb 6 02:34:02 UTC 2007

Cristo Bolaņos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've read wiki documentation, but is redhat oriented.
>
> I've success with pxe, dhcp, tftp and boot, but not with kernel image
> and mount over nfs.
>
> Has anyone created kernel and init images with debian ? Is there a
> clear guide to do it ? :)
>
> Thanks everyone.

More than likely, you will have to re-compile the kernel to enable (from
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/NFS-Root.html):
    *  IP: kernel level autoconfiguration (CONFIG_IP_PNP)
    * RARP support (CONFIG_IP_PNP_RARP)
    * BOOTP support (CONFIG_IP_PNP_BOOTP)
    * DHCP support (CONFIG_IP_PNP_DHCP)
#  NFS filesystem support (CONFIG_NFS_FS). Note that there is no need
for ext2 support.
# Root file system on NFS (CONFIG_ROOT_NFS).

Most major distributions don't have those options enabled with their
stock kernels.

-Rich