[mythtv-users] PVR500 Composite In Picture Quality

Jeffrey Born jeff.born at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 03:55:46 UTC 2007

The video camera has a view finder that plays at the same time as the output
to the composite in of the PVR500.  I can watch both and never see video
corruption in the view finder, but will on the capture.  The capture is 98%
acceptable.  The 2% that it isn't, it is really bad.  It is not a 5 minutes
good and then some bad, it seems to be completely random.

I will move my future findings over the the thread listed above.  I will
also wait patiently for part 2, it will hopefully help me get a clean
capture.

I tried playing the capture via mplayer and it had the same artifacts in the
video.  I did the capture via the myth interface.  Should I remove myth from
the capture process.  If so what application would you recommend?

My other option seems to be, use the VCR to play the tape, and output via
coax, since I've never seen an issue capturing standard def via coax.

Thanks