[mythtv-users] TiVo (S1) as a MythTV Frontend

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 09:08:29 UTC 2007

Hey I have a digital watch/washing machine/phone/foobarappliance that
runs Linux.  Does that mean I can run a mythtv frontend on it?

Just because stuff runs 'linux' it doesn't mean that it'd be possible
to run mythtv on it.  Even if it is possible, how likely is it that
the end result is worth all the hard work? This question comes up time
& time again and the answer is usually the same.. i.e. NO, so forget
about it & concentrate on living in the world of what's practical.
You can still use a tivo remote with your mythbox if you use a
suitable IR receiver.

--
Justin Hornsby
Moderator of www.mythtvtalk.com