[mythtv-users] [Mythtv-Users} Mythmail Dead? anyone confirm deny....

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 15:41:44 UTC 2007

> Seriously, what I do is to modify the menu itself to run my favorite app
> - tuxracer for the kids, icedove for email, firefox for browser, gthumb
> for picture viewer, etc.

That's a good idea, but I was recently wondering if anything could be done
using mythtvosd. I'd quite like to be notified of the subject and sender as
the mail comes in. I tried to use a Thunderbird extension to automatically
run a script, but it didn't work (probably only works in Windows)! Does
anyone know of anything that would check my mail every 10 minutes, and run
an arbitrary script when new mail arrives?

Jonny