[mythtv-users] What does the mythtv-vid branch and OpenGL renderer have to offer

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Feb 6 16:58:45 UTC 2007

On 6 Feb 2007, at 10:11, Mark Kendall wrote:

> On 2/6/07, Viktor Avramov <drvik at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>> What is the purpose of the mytht-vid branch??
>
> Just in case you hadn't spotted it, Daniel laid out his aims a
> while back:-
>
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2287

Presumably the plan is for this work to be folded back into the main
tree at some point in the future?

> While there are many other options to pursue with opengl, my personal
> end game is to have a quality edge detection/motion adaptive
> deinterlacer and lanczos or similar upscaling filter to allow me to
> display my standard def sources at 1080p in realtime.

Is it not possible at present to display "standard def sources at
1080p in realtime", or are you referring to extra-quality upscaling &/
or the constraints of your hardware?

I'm sorry to ask this but I'm a MythTV n00b - I've been reading this
list for perhaps 6 weeks, but have not yet built my MythTV system. I
have in fact just ordered a new 1080p TV, as my current gogglebox has
only component / SCART inputs and I decided Myth configuration would
be less pain using a TV with VGA / DVI input. I had pretty much
expected to treat the new telly as a 1920 x 1080 monitor and that
DVDs would "just play fine" when output to it.

Stroller.