[mythtv-users] NAS RAID 5 for MythTv

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Tue Feb 6 19:15:05 UTC 2007

>>Does anyone know... can I use LVM over multiple NAS so that it all looks like a big /multimedia drive? I'll have to do some more experimenting when I get
another NAS up and running.

A system called lustre (www.lustre.org) will allow you to (currently only raid0, i.e. stripe) store data across multiple network storage servers. This may be overkill, but it is a nice (and very fast, for removing bottlenecks try incorporating it with infiniband, I have had multiple machines reading and writting data each at ~500MB/s ) system once it is working.
Gareth