[mythtv-users] NAS RAID 5 for MythTv

Jeffery Swan scientist at engineer.com
Tue Feb 6 19:54:10 UTC 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "Gareth Glaccum"
  To: "Discussion about mythtv"
  Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] NAS RAID 5 for MythTv
  Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:15:05 -0000

  >>Does anyone know... can I use LVM over multiple NAS so that it all
  looks like a big /multimedia drive? I'll have to do some more
  experimenting when I get
  another NAS up and running.
  A system called lustre (www.lustre.org) will allow you to (currently
  only raid0, i.e. stripe) store data across multiple network storage
  servers. This may be overkill, but it is a nice (and very fast, for
  removing bottlenecks try incorporating it with infiniband, I have had
  multiple machines reading and writting data each at ~500MB/s ) system
  once it is working.Gareth

  ... petabytes of storage?!?!? Giggle. I have a new goal ;-)

  -Jeff